Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Card in Bag Trick

Card in Bag Trick with Senegal Deck


Card in Bag Trick with Senegal Deck -- powered by eHow.com

Video Transcript

"Alright, so let's do another cool card location using the Svengali deck. This one is called the card in the bag. You need a brown paper bag. So, we'll have our spectator say stop, you can look at the card, put it back in the deck, mix it around so nobody knows where it is. Then, I'm going to take the deck, take the brown paper bag and we'll place this right inside just like this.

Using my expertly trained fingers, I cover my eyes here, reach in the bag, no that's the 4 of spades, that's the 6 of hearts, oh, I think I got it. I got one card from the deck and it just happens to be your selected card, queen of clubs. So come back in a minute and I'm going to show you how to do the card in the bag."

Card in Bag Explanation with Senegal Deck


Card in Bag Explanation with Senegal Deck -- powered by eHow.com

Video Transcript

"Alright everybody, so let me show you how to do the card in the bag trick. You need to get yourself a brown paper bag, just a standard bag, there's nothing tricky about it and you need your Svengali deck. Now, we have our card selected just like this and this is all kind of a bunch of red hair and stuff because I'm going to have the cards shuffled. I'm going to mix them up just like this.

If you want you can have a spectator cut the deck, but no matter what happens, like we remember from before, there's always a duplicated of the selected card on top. So, we're going to take the deck, place it flat in the bottom of the bag, so it's just laying flat like this right in the bottom of the paper bag.

All I'm going to do is reach in and grab the top part card and pull it out and show it to you. But to add a little bit of sort of presentational stuff to it, I'm going to cover my eyes and reach in and look like I'm reading the cards with my fingertips. So I can go that's the 4 of spades, that's the 6 of hearts, that one's the kind of diamonds, oh, oh wait I got it right here, I got it and you pull it out.

You can pull it out with the back toward them and then you can show them that's their selected card, the queen of clubs. In just a minute I'll show you some more variations on the card in the back."

Card in Bag Variations with Senegal Deck


Card in Bag Variations with Senegal Deck -- powered by eHow.com

Video Transcript
"Alright, so I'm going to show you some variations on the card in the bag trick and this is going to use a little bit of the impossible location stuff that we talked about before and I'm going to show you some other ways to do that. Then, coming up I'm going to show you one more version that you can even do this in a show. But anyway, we'll have our card selected.

Now, the part that's going to be the same is that if we take the cards, we can put them in the box, buckle that top card out again, close the flap under the box and we can grab our paper bag and we can put the deck right inside the paper bag and then it sort of adds that extra layer of impossibility. We reach in, take the card right out of the box, inside the bag we pull it right out of the box just like that.

So now it's in the box, in the bag, we can pull that right out and show them just like that. You could also use the duplicate card idea that we did before and what you would do is you would do the trick just like we did a minute ago. Only you would close the box normally and wrap a rubber band around it and then you're going to have a duplicate card in the bag.

You can even have the bag folded up with the card on the bottom of it. Then you would put the deck in the bag, reach in and just quickly pull the card out just like that. In the minute I'm going to show you one more variation to do in like a bigger show and it will be cool, so come back."

No comments:

Post a Comment